I stopped working at midnight and went to bed.
Then I dreamed all night about working. I had nightmares that instead of making development changes to the test database, I accidentally made them to the real database. I kept trying to fix it but it just made it worse. Then I would wake up, think that I really shouldn't have tried to keep working when I was so tired and purposely go back to sleep to fix it.
Rinse and repeat.
Then I woke up at 7am and came to work to do it all over again. How do I keep my head up through this?
I tell myself, "Self, when it works, it will all be worth it."
I just need to repeat that for the next 8 hours to get through today. Please tell me someone else has had coding nightmares too and I'm not as strange as I feel.
Yours,
I haven't ever had coding nightmares but I've definitely had nightmares about work. Usually work nightmares are about me chasing a story for hours and hours and then my laptop dies and deletes all my work.
ReplyDeleteLovely.
That sounds like a horrible nightmare. I used to have dreams like that when I Was in school - at least the part about my laptop dying and losing all of my work.
ReplyDelete